Afghan Jalebi recipe in urdu/hindi
Sweet to eat : It is a Jalebi made in Afghanistan more or less like in India. Jalebi is popular not only in India, it is popular in Middle East,Afghanistan too !
Song to listen: Afghan Jalebi song is from Phantom (Hindi Movie 2015) sung by Asrar. This song is composed by Pritam with lyrics by Amitabh Bhattacharya.
How to prepare Afghan Jalebi Sweet Recipe
Maida/ all purpose flour – 1 cup
Rice flour – 1 tablespoon
A pinch of cooking Soda/baking soda
Curd/ yogurt – 1 tablespoon
Saffron threads – 3-4(optional)
Sugar – 2 cups
Elaichi/cardamom seeds – ½ tablespoon(powdered)
Oil as required
Afghan Jalebi Sweet Recipe Preparation Method:
1. Take a mixing bowl, add 1 cup maida, 1 tablespoon rice flour, a pinch of cooking soda or 1 tablespoon lukewarm oil and 1 tablespoon curd. Mix them all well and add required water. Dough must be thicker than dosa mix.
2. Leave it for at least 2 hours.
3. Take a cooking bowl; add 2 cups of sugar and 2 cups of water. Boil it until it becomes one string syrup. Add saffron thread and ½ tablespoon cardamom powder.
4. Heat a pan with oil for deep fry. When oil heated, take maida batter in a plastic cover like cone cover. Fill it with batter make a small hole. Now squeeze batter in a required shape in heated oil. Squeeze Jalebi’s in a oil that is stuffiest to the pan. Make flame to simmer. Fry Jalebi’s in oil until they changed to golden brown.
5. Then, take them out from the oil and dip them in sugar syrup for at least 4-5 minutes until they absorb syrup.
6. Now the delicious Afghan Jalebi Sweet Recipe is ready to serve.
Afghan Jalebi Sweet Recipe
Tips and tricks to prepare Afghan Jalebi Sweet Recipe
1. You can also soak Jalebi batter for maximum of 8 hours or overnight.
2. You can replace cooking soda with 1 tablespoon lukewarm oil.
3. You can also fry Jalebi’s in ghee if interested.
4. Some people may use cotton cloth to fill batter. I prefer plastic cover is easy than anything.