Moammar Rana: 13 facts, family, wedding pics, age, height, weight, biography, wiki, wife, daughter
Name Moammar Rana
Birth Date/ Birthday / Age
26th February 1974. In 2017, His Age when we posted this article was around 43 years.
Marital Status / Marriage & Wedding / Wife / Family
Currently Married. His Wife Name is Mehnaz Pervaiz. They married on 25 October 1998 after dating her for a year and a half. They met and fell in love while filming ‘Deewane Tere Pyar Ke’.
The family also has two beautiful daughters – Rea Rana (Born June 30th 1999) and Raneya Rana(Born January 15th 2006)
If you are a Pakistani or if you know just a little bit about Pakistani film and T.V industry then you must be well familiar with the name ‘Moammar Rana’.
Moammar Rana is a well-known Pakistani actor and has displayed his talent in many movies and T.V series. He has won many hearts with his extra-ordinary acting talent. Some people also call him ‘Akshay Kumar’ of Pakistan, as he does his stunts himself and doesn’t use a duplicate.
Moammar Rana was born in Lahore, on February, 26, 1974 to an ordinary family of parents – Father Shafqat Rana and Mother Rehana Rana. Moammar Rana’s siblings include two elder brothers Naveed Rana and Aamir Rana.
Height : 5 feet 10 inches.
• His made his debut in a Pakistani movie ‘Kudiyon ko Dale Dana'(1996) as a supporting actor.
• He got a big break as a lead actor in the movie ‘Deewane Tere Pyaar Ke'(1997), which turned out to be a big hit in the Pakistani industry.
• After that nothing could stop his successful journey and he continued to win the hearts of the audience with hit movies like ‘Channa Sachi Muchi’, ‘Jhoomar’, ‘Fire’, ‘Koi Tujh Sa Kahan’.
• Moammar’s film Choorian(1998), directed by Syed Noor became the highest grossing Pakistani punjabi film with a total earning of Rs 20 crore (US$ 4.4 million) .
• Just like many Pakistani artists, he also has worked in the Indian Film industry. His first Bollywood movie was ‘Dobara'(2004)in which he made a special appearance. He starred ‘Ek Second…Jo Zindagi Badal De’ (2010) alongside Jackie Shroff, Manisha Koirala and former Miss India Nikita Anand.
• Moammar also became a judge on Pakistan’s first-ever dance competition, Nachley(Season 2) alongside Noor and Faisal Qureshi.
• Beside movies, he also appeared in T.V shows like Nazar (2011),Kaisi Hain Doorian, Meray Paas Paas (2007), Banjar (2006), Love, Life Aur Lahore (2010), Ishq Ibadat (2011) and Roshan Sitara (2012).
• He is about to make his directorial debut with the movie ‘Sikander’ in which he himself is playing the lead role. The film is said to be inspired by true events.
He won the Nigar award for the Best Actor in the years 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2002 for his performances in the movies ‘Choorian’, ‘Nikki Jaee Haan’, ‘Mehndi Waley Haath’ and ‘Ye Dil Aap Ka Huwa’ respectively.
He has also won the Pakistan media award for Best Actor in the years 2010 and 2012.