Nazia Hassan: 1 fact, family, wedding pics, age, height, weight, biography, wiki, husband, son
1. Nazia Hassan‘s first album was Disco Deewane which was a hit in 14 countries in 1981. At that time, Disco Deewane was the best-selling album of Asian Pop Genre. It was a great hit in Russia, Latin America, West-Indies, India, and Pakistan.
2. Nazia and Zohaib’s duo was one of the most successful duos of that time, they sold over 60 million records all over the world.
Nazia and Zoheb
3. She was the youngest and first Pakistani ever to win a Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer. She received this award when she was 15 years old.
4. She started her singing career in late 70’s.
5. Nazia got married to Mirza Ishtiaq Baig on 30th March, 1997.
Nazia Hassan Family
6. She and Mirza Ishtiaq Baig were blessed with a baby boy on 7 April, 1998. Her son’s name is Arez.
Nazia Hassan Son
7. She had done commercials for several popular companies like Lipton (1990-1992) and Sitara Sapna Lawn.
8. Nazia’s height was 5 foot 6 inches, which is approximately 1.68 meters.
9. Her star sign was Aries.
10. She had appeared on several PTV shows as a child artist. She appeared in famous music programs like “Sang Sang Chalein and Kaliyon ki Mala”.
11. She was spotted by Indian music composer Biddu in a party in London, 1980. Later on, he suggested her voice to Feroz Khan who took Nazia as a playback singer for his movie Qurbani.
12. By profession, Nazia was a barrister.
13. She did her LLB from London University.
14. Nazia liked to work as a social worker, she gave her services to United Nations, Department of Political and Security Council Affairs and UNICEF.
15. Nazia was compared with Lady Diana at that that time globally.
16. She spent all the money she earned through music on charity.
Nazia and Zohaib
17. “Made in India” which was originally sung by Alisha Chinai was actually written for Nazia Hassan. The song is considered as a great contribution in Indian pop music.
18. Nazia’s grandfather was the President of Muslim League, Delhi. He was one of the owners of first Ginning Mill in Multan.
19. Nazia Hassan died because of lung cancer at the age of 35. She died in London on 13 Aug, 2000.
20. For Nazia’s great achievements and contributions, Government of Pakistan presented Nadia “Pride of Performance” award which is considered as the highest civil award of Pakistan. The award was handed over to Nazia’s mother “Muniza Basir” by Pervez Musharraf on 23rd March, 2002.
* Nazia’s Marriage was an arranged one.
* According to Zoheb Hassan in an Interview with Bushra Ansari, Nazia took 14-15 chemotherapies against her disease.
Nazia Hassan is the first pop singer in asia who gave a refreshing start to pop singing and made it famous worldwide. Today is her 52nd birthday. She was born in Karachi on 3 april, 1965. Nazia Hassan and her brother Zohaib were called as the founder of music in Pakistan.
In 80’s she sang a song “Aap jesa koi meri zindagi main aye” for an indian movie ‘Qurbani’ which opened the doors of success on her. She became very famous after this song. She was awarded as the best playback singer in filmfare awards for this song. She was the first Pakistani to receive this award.
In 1981, she released her first album ‘Disco Deewane’ which was the rememberable one in music industry. She was the first female singer to release an album. After that, in 1984 the album ‘Boom Boom’ and ‘Young Tarang’, in 1987 ‘Hotline’ and in 1992 ‘Camera Camera’ were released.
Nazia hassan was talented artist as well as good human being and friend. She used to spend her income from music on children and for the betterment of women in the backward areas of Karachi.
Apart from music, she performed her services in UNICEF for 2 years. Without any doubt, she is the pride of Pakistan and will always be remembered in the hearts of people.